Got an early start today and accomplished enough to make myself happy. That damn tubing notcher from Harbor Freight is designed to wear out quickly I swear. I can already tell I’m gonna have to make one myself with ball bearings and such. Brass bushings just dont cut it when trying to burn through DOM tubing. Anyway, I fixed that shit….
So the thing is made for a 1/2 inch arbor and comes with an adapter to go to 5/8. I’ve gone through two adapters now as I went back and bought another kit. When the second one fractured I just said screw it and got busy…
That’ll teach her to break on me!!
Anyway, after overcoming that little obstacle I got the passenger side door bars done, the harness bar done and the diagonal brace. Tomorrow is the driver side and I may start cutting into the rear for the truck conversion. I still have to figure out how I want to brace everything back there before it get’s too flimsy.
Leave a Reply