Well, I finally have the chassis dolly completed. I’ve already noted a few things that will be changed if I make another one in the future but this one will serve it’s purpose well. There’s one more caster to add to the front bar and then she will be truly complete. The weight is distributed pretty well as I was able to get in the car and rock it side to side with no movement. The most surprising thing so far is how much space it actually frees up. Being able to move it around the shop makes it much easier to get my Datsun inside. Anyway, pics! Thanks for the lens Dave, I feel like I need a 50mm 1.8 now!
There’s so much more space for activities!!
I figured that cutting out a bunch of material on the car would weaken the chassis enough that the subframes could shift. This would be bad so I decided to make a dolly that would locate the subframes in all axis and still keep the car mobile. Wait ’til you see the casters!