Two weeks until the infamous Trial By Fire Night Event in conjunction with NASA Arizona. This is one of the biggest events of the year so naturally I registered without the car even running…
Tonight after work I got the brakes bled, the clutch bled, the e-brake and shoes adjusted properly, put the car back on the ground and prepped for some engine work.
I’m a chassis guy. It’s what I do at work and what I prefer to do if someone ask me for help with their car. So of course I decided there was a bunch of useless crap on the engine that wasn’t going to make the car any faster, it was just stuff getting in my way….
like the EGR tubes and such. I made some block off plates.
But as it turns out, the KA really doesn’t like to run well without these things. Most importantly, Idle Air Control parts (doh!). Anyway, that is what’s on the menu for next week. Get this thing running enough to do some Hooliganistic street antics and make sure all my T’s are crossed.
There really is nothing like going to a drift event, helping to pull it off and watching all your friends have fun while your car is sitting on jack stands haha!! Anyway, I went directly to the shop after the event around midnight and resumed work on the green two tone car. Continuing on Sunday, I installed the new SPL toe arms. These are some really quality pieces and you can see in one of the photos that when installing, it’s always a good idea to have one disassembled so you can approximate your thread engagement better. The alignment on the green car was really close so I haven’t adjusted them to their exact position as of yet. I also started to transfer the fuel tanks as the practice car, which from hence forth will be known as the “Fleur De Lis” had a lot of rust inside it’s tank. Other than that, a few wheels have shown up things are progressing normally. I’m in the process of picking the paint colors for the shop and the bench is almost finished. I can’t wait to get a stereo in there, music from the Driod doesn’t quite get it done.