Well, I finally have the chassis dolly completed. I’ve already noted a few things that will be changed if I make another one in the future but this one will serve it’s purpose well. There’s one more caster to add to the front bar and then she will be truly complete. The weight is distributed pretty well as I was able to get in the car and rock it side to side with no movement. The most surprising thing so far is how much space it actually frees up. Being able to move it around the shop makes it much easier to get my Datsun inside. Anyway, pics! Thanks for the lens Dave, I feel like I need a 50mm 1.8 now!
There’s so much more space for activities!!
There really is nothing like going to a drift event, helping to pull it off and watching all your friends have fun while your car is sitting on jack stands haha!! Anyway, I went directly to the shop after the event around midnight and resumed work on the green two tone car. Continuing on Sunday, I installed the new SPL toe arms. These are some really quality pieces and you can see in one of the photos that when installing, it’s always a good idea to have one disassembled so you can approximate your thread engagement better. The alignment on the green car was really close so I haven’t adjusted them to their exact position as of yet. I also started to transfer the fuel tanks as the practice car, which from hence forth will be known as the “Fleur De Lis” had a lot of rust inside it’s tank. Other than that, a few wheels have shown up things are progressing normally. I’m in the process of picking the paint colors for the shop and the bench is almost finished. I can’t wait to get a stereo in there, music from the Driod doesn’t quite get it done.