Style Is Everything

Posts tagged “subframe

Closer Still

Made some strut tops, cut out some templates to start closing off the rear firewall and bent some tube to help brace the rear structure and create a more stable area for the rear struts.




Back To Business!

Gone for two weeks of business trips in the midwest and a weekend with the family, I came home and went HAM!

I decided that as a practice car, the Fleur De Lis really doesn’t have to conform to any specific rule book as it will never see professional competition. As long as I can go a foot deep into a wall and only damage tail lights and easy body repairs I’m happy.

The fuel cell will be located right after the rear firewall which should also help some with weight distribution. Don’t know where to put the nitrous bottle yet though…

A couple more bars and a lot more cutting and this bad boy will be ready to touch the ground again!!! Smash Brothers Unite!


Much Needed Progress

Well, I finally have the chassis dolly completed. I’ve already noted a few things that will be changed if I make another one in the future but this one will serve it’s purpose well. There’s one more caster to add to the front bar and then she will be truly complete. The weight is distributed pretty well as I was able to get in the car and rock it side to side with no movement. The most surprising thing so far is how much space it actually frees up. Being able to move it around the shop makes it much easier to get my Datsun inside. Anyway, pics! Thanks for the lens Dave, I feel like I need a 50mm 1.8 now!




There’s so much more space for activities!!


Bunch O’ Wheels (and other stuff)

There really is nothing like going to a drift event, helping to pull it off and watching all your friends have fun while your car is sitting on jack stands haha!!  Anyway, I went directly to the shop after the event around midnight and resumed work on the green two tone car.  Continuing on Sunday, I installed the new SPL toe arms.  These are some really quality pieces and you can see in one of the photos that when installing, it’s always a good idea to have one disassembled so you can approximate your thread engagement better.  The alignment on the green car was really close so I haven’t adjusted them to their exact position as of yet.  I also started to transfer the fuel tanks as the practice car, which from hence forth will be known as the “Fleur De Lis” had a lot of rust inside it’s tank.  Other than that, a few wheels have shown up things are progressing normally.  I’m in the process of picking the paint colors for the shop and the bench is almost finished.  I can’t wait to get a stereo in there, music from the Driod doesn’t quite get it done.

Peace

This slideshow requires JavaScript.