Made some strut tops, cut out some templates to start closing off the rear firewall and bent some tube to help brace the rear structure and create a more stable area for the rear struts.
I figured that cutting out a bunch of material on the car would weaken the chassis enough that the subframes could shift. This would be bad so I decided to make a dolly that would locate the subframes in all axis and still keep the car mobile. Wait ’til you see the casters!
There really is nothing like going to a drift event, helping to pull it off and watching all your friends have fun while your car is sitting on jack stands haha!! Anyway, I went directly to the shop after the event around midnight and resumed work on the green two tone car. Continuing on Sunday, I installed the new SPL toe arms. These are some really quality pieces and you can see in one of the photos that when installing, it’s always a good idea to have one disassembled so you can approximate your thread engagement better. The alignment on the green car was really close so I haven’t adjusted them to their exact position as of yet. I also started to transfer the fuel tanks as the practice car, which from hence forth will be known as the “Fleur De Lis” had a lot of rust inside it’s tank. Other than that, a few wheels have shown up things are progressing normally. I’m in the process of picking the paint colors for the shop and the bench is almost finished. I can’t wait to get a stereo in there, music from the Driod doesn’t quite get it done.