Made some strut tops, cut out some templates to start closing off the rear firewall and bent some tube to help brace the rear structure and create a more stable area for the rear struts.
I was supposed to keep working on the rear of the cage that will tie in the rear subframe but that didn’t happen.
After welding in the roll cage from the main hoop forward I decided to take a break from that and get my busted bucket seat put in. It ended up a little higher than I like but I’m still driving through the steering wheel and not over it haha! Sorry to any of my friends over 5’9 but it shouldn’t be that hard to swap seat setups.
It’s very comforting to be able to sit in the car and hold the wheel. I’m learning that there are certain projects that can be done in one day that re-charge your level of enthusiasm when taking on a long term project with heavy fabrication.
I have now in my possession the new design from a good friend of mine. So happy as it’s beyond expectation!
I found today after moving forward that I have to go back. In order to design the rear cage section and mock it up I need the rest of the cage completely in the car. SO, I cut all the tacks I had in place and started finish welding everything forward of the roll hoop. I should be back to the truck conversion/rear section this weekend.